Matt's colleague, Paul, lent our family his car for the entire time we are in Brisbane. It is extremely nice of him and has allowed our family to go on many adventures. For the most part we walk or bike or take the train everywhere, but it has been so nice to have the freedom and option to take the car. After watching Matt drive many times, I have decided to drive as well. I gained the courage to dive from thinking about my good friend Janet Palmer. She came to Phoenix, AZ from New Zealand and started driving so she could get around. Thinking about her and how she just did it, gave me the courage to just do it! I am so proud of myself for driving on the wrong side of the road. ;)
I even watched Genevieve's kids along with Derek and Rylie and drove all 4 of them to meet up with Matt and Gen.
Also Australians call shopping carts Trolleys and parking lots are called car parks.
Here are two book series that Derek has been reading since arriving in Australia. Ironically Janet and Jack Palmer suggested them to Derek a year ago, but he wasn't ready for them and now he is. Its been so awesome to check them out of the library and watch him devour both series.



No comments:
Post a Comment