Thursday, April 19, 2018

Biking around Brisbane

Saturday morning we woke up to this beautiful sunrise.
I also got a text from my sweet friends, Lisa and Christina. Lisa was visiting Phoenix and the 2 were catching up for coffee. I wish I was able to meet up with them, but they were so sweet and drove by my house and took a picture in front of it!

We prepared for a long bike ride around Brisbane. Matt and I rented bikes through City Cycle. We just had to make sure to switch them out every 30 minutes. We biked for over 3 hours all over the city. We biked passed the GOMA and South Bank and to lower section of Kangaroo Point. Then up to the top of Kangaroo Point and over Story bridge and through the financial district and botanic gardens where we stopped for a picnic lunch. For the way home we biked on the other side of the river (by the CBD) and over the GO-Between-Bridge back to our apartment. The weather was perfect as it was cloudy and raining for part of the day. When we got home we collapsed on the couch to watch some of the Commonwealth Games before going out to dinner and getting gelato.

Biking on Kangaroo Point
The kids took turns leading the bike ride. Both kids are excellent bikers!

 Biking over Story Bridge in the rain was exciting and quite an adventure!






No comments: