I was putting Rylie down for bed tonight and Matt was working late. I asked Derek if he wanted to play in his room while I put Rylie down or if he wanted to read books with Rylie and I. He chose to read books with us. He climbed into the glider and sat on my lap alongside Rylie. The 3 of us read books together. Afterwards, I shut off the light and sang and rocked Rylie. Derek sang "Jesus Loves Me" right along with me. There I was rocking with both my children in my lap singing. It was such a special moment. I wanted to pause time and sing forever with them right there in my arms. I am so grateful for moments like that. It helps you to put into perspective what really matters in life!!
Thursday, March 07, 2013
Mommy Moment
I was putting Rylie down for bed tonight and Matt was working late. I asked Derek if he wanted to play in his room while I put Rylie down or if he wanted to read books with Rylie and I. He chose to read books with us. He climbed into the glider and sat on my lap alongside Rylie. The 3 of us read books together. Afterwards, I shut off the light and sang and rocked Rylie. Derek sang "Jesus Loves Me" right along with me. There I was rocking with both my children in my lap singing. It was such a special moment. I wanted to pause time and sing forever with them right there in my arms. I am so grateful for moments like that. It helps you to put into perspective what really matters in life!!
I was putting Rylie down for bed tonight and Matt was working late. I asked Derek if he wanted to play in his room while I put Rylie down or if he wanted to read books with Rylie and I. He chose to read books with us. He climbed into the glider and sat on my lap alongside Rylie. The 3 of us read books together. Afterwards, I shut off the light and sang and rocked Rylie. Derek sang "Jesus Loves Me" right along with me. There I was rocking with both my children in my lap singing. It was such a special moment. I wanted to pause time and sing forever with them right there in my arms. I am so grateful for moments like that. It helps you to put into perspective what really matters in life!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment