Derek took swim lessons last year for about 6 months at Hubbard Family Swim School. He was in a parent-child class and I had a blast swimming with him and helping him learn the basics of swimming. During the last few classes I began to notice that Derek was responding much better to doing things correctly for Teacher Blaire than when I asked him. As a former teacher, I began to feel that my time in the mommy-child swim class was drawing to a close and it would be best for Derek to move to a semi-private class. This was both exciting and sad. So...this January Derek began taking semi-private swim lessons with Teacher Tyler and has been doing amazing. I LOVE watching him learn skills and swim confidently in the water (in between chasing Rylie around!). We are so proud of the progress he has made. So far he has earned 3 ribbons for backfloating on his own, rolling over on his own and having an awesome class. We get monthly report cards showing the skills he has learned and are excited for the summer and swimming in our own pool. Keep up the good work Derek!!
first day of semi-private swim lessons
ribbon for backfloating on his own
ribbon for rolling over to his back after gliding off of the wall on his own


No comments:
Post a Comment