Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Rylie's Birthday Party
We celebrated Rylie's 1st birthday on her actual birthday, March 9th. The whole day I kept reliving the events of her birth and just felt so thankful. Rylie is such a happy, energetic, curious girl and brings so much joy into our lives. This last year was very busy, having Derek and Rylie 21 months apart, but we wouldn't trade it for anything. It was so fun to have our friends celebrating Rylie's 1st year with us. I couldn't help but think about the difference between Rylie's and Derek's 1st birthday party. Derek's 1st birthday party was a celebration of his 1st year of life, but also a way to say goodbye to all our CA friends as we were getting ready to move to AZ. Rylie's 1st birthday party was a celebration of her life, but also a celebration of how God has provided such amazing friends and community to live life with here in AZ! We are truly grateful for our life!
We had Rylie's party at our house and had some creative/fun outdoor activities for the kids to do (bubbles, foaming baking soda, vinegar and food coloring and balls). We were so grateful that the rain stopped right before the party started, so the kids played outside for most of the time. Party guests took home homemade play dough that Derek and I made.
 
Rylie was not very interested in the cake, which seems to be a trend with our kids. She tasted the frosting and was more excited about blueberries and strawberries than the cake. But I was excited about the cake for her!! :) I made a similar face with Derek's first birthday party too!! HA.
Derek and Bella having fun chasing bubbles (even though its blurry)
Rylie got lots of fun gifts. Derek LOVED playing with all of Rylie's presents.
We LOVE you baby girl! Happy 1st birthday!

No comments: