Monday, August 06, 2012

"Hey Missy"
At lunch today Derek was having a great time making Rylie smile. It was so sweet to watch. This was the first time that I have seen him have an interest in getting her to laugh. We have been having a blast recently because Rylie is grabbing everything in reach. If I am not paying attention Rylie grabs whatever is close and puts it right in her mouth (Cheerios, napkins, etc). When she does this I always joke around saying, "Hey Missy what are you doing?" So, today during lunch, Rylie was sitting on my lap grabbing my plate and Derek's napkin and Derek kept saying, "Hey Missy" and giggling. Rylie thought it was so funny and was smiling right back at him. It was a sweet glimpse of what will come in the future. :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love hearing this!! Juliet hasn't giggled yet...so far two weeks behind when Laila did, and I just can't wait! I LOVE when Laila interacts with Juliet...just melts me!