Saturday, August 04, 2012

Derek Reads to Mommy
Tonight before bed Derek read his first 2 books to me, all by himself!!! It was a special moment. I sat there listening to him recite the books as he had memorized the words on each page. I had joyful tears in my eyes. It was so sweet to hear. Derek has always LOVED reading. He climbs into our lap to read and I just love it. In the past when reading, I often pause and Derek fills in the words. Tonight is just the beginning of many more nights of reading. Here are the 2 books Derek read (both of which Pops and Grammy gave Derek). Its so neat to see that Derek listens to the books every one of the millions of times we read them.



1 comment:

Heather said...

I LOVE when Laila fills in words when I read. It usually only takes 3 or so times reading a new book before she can start doing that. It will be fun when she actually "reads" he book herself!
She can do that now with songs, so I'm sure books are around the corner!
I so wish we lived closer...we would have so much fun together.