(Derek 2 years, 2 months)
These two words, BASEBALL and BIKING, pretty much sum up this last month for Derek. He is obsessed with both of these activities. I wondered how this summer would go with an active 2 year old and a newborn in the summertime heat of Arizona, but I have been pleasantly surprised. The summer has been AMAZING and we've had so much fun doing all sorts of indoor activities. Derek bikes around our house just about all day, from the minute he wakes up to parking his bike on the way upstairs to bed at night. He does many activities on his bike including watching baseball, coloring and playing with his trains. I am so thankful for the "Derek motor speedway" in our house (we never would have thought about that as a criteria when house hunting)!! Derek also LOVES to play and watch baseball. His favorite part is batting and running the bases!! The kid is fast! Every day right before he goes down for his nap, he reminds me that he wants to watch baseball when he wakes up. Matt and Derek also watch and play baseball after bathtime, while I put Rylie down. In addition, Derek LOVES singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." He has always had us sing the song when reading the book Red Sox ABCs, but this past month he has been singing it himself. I have been trying to get it on camera, but he doesn't sit still for long so this is the best I could get.
he makes sure to line up at home plate and hold the bat correctly all on his own
(he lets us know when we line up incorrectly too)
looking at the ball as Daddy throws it to Derek
the joy of throwing the ball in the air
Derek LOVES to ride his bike at the park
Here are a few other pictures from this past month.
I LOVE this boy!
just waking up from a nap
measuring and marking on the wall how tall Derek is
(starting to do this once a month)
making breakfast with Daddy
just waking up from a nap
measuring and marking on the wall how tall Derek is
(starting to do this once a month)
enjoying hot cocoa like Curious George in Snowy Day
playing with beans (a favorite activity this month)
reading with Mommy (love that he is holding his toolbox :) )
giving some "friends" a ride in his car



No comments:
Post a Comment