Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Great Ocean Road

One of the most beautiful scenic coastal drives in the world is the Great Ocean Road. We were able to borrow a car from one of Matt's colleagues and make the 2 hour drive. It was so strange to drive on the left side of the road. Matt did amazing driving as I helped him navigate. I'm not going to lie I was pretty uncomfortable at first with Matt driving on the wrong side of the road. It was so awkward....we made sure to just follow the car in front of us. By the end of the trip we were experts. LOL.





We found a trampoline park right Lorne beach. It is so cool. We paid $10 and get 10 minutes to jump on a certain numbered trampoline. The kids LOVED jumping. It was so cool. They found it exhausting to jump for 10 minutes straight.


 After lunch we stopped for ice cream!


We met up with Matt's colleague, David and his family at the beach. Kids grabbed surf boards and boggie boards and headed out to the water. I found the water to be freezing, compared to our Arizona pool water, but they didn't seem to mind. Matt and Derek went surfing with David and his son Angus. Rylie and I went to jump the waves together. I didn't get to take a picture of Derek on the surf board, but he had a blast! His smile was glowing a mile wide as he caught wave after wave and glided into the shore on his board! It was awesome. Rylie was giggling with glee as she jumped over the waves holding onto my hand. After several hours on the beach we went out to dinner with David and Jen and their kids. It was super fun! The kids had a great time asking each other questions about their different countries. They all got along so well and played hangman while they waited for the food.


After dinner we went to see the beautiful cliffs along the coast. AMAZING!!


 Here is the whole crew. We are very thankful that we were able to have this experience.


No comments: