Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Week 19

This week I had so much fun taking pictures with our new Nikon DSLR camera. I am super excited about it. I am loving the speed and quality of the pictures. The only trouble I have is deciding which ones to post! :)
The biggest event of this week was that Derek learned how to roll onto his belly during nap time. One afternoon I heard a lot of noise coming from his crib and went to check on him. This is how I found the boy! He was so proud of himself and when he saw me he gave me a great big smile. It took several naps after this to teach him to sleep on his belly. He seems to like belly sleeping now. Now we just have to remind him how to roll from his belly to his back. So we are no longer swaddling him when he sleeps. During the day for naps we just lay him in the crib and at night we put him in a sleep sack.
Derek loves hanging out with daddy. Here he is sporting Matt's Chargers hat.
Derek loves his new toy Sophie the Giraffe. He chews on Sophie like there is no tomorrow and drools all over the place. I think we are in the process of teething!!
Derek enjoyed Skyping with Pops and Grammy. This time he looked at the screen the whole time and then took a really long nap afterwards. All that screen time tired him out!
Derek loves playing in the exersaucer.
Here is Derek with his friend Bryce. They love having playdates with each other (well...truth be told its the moms who really love the playdates).

1 comment:

Heather said...

omg - everyone has a Sophie these days! Laila is still learning how to hold hers, but we're getting there! LOVE your updates - keep it up!! :)