Tuesday, October 26, 2010

First Tooth
Derek got his first tooth today (10-26-10), while we were in Maui. We had several signs (LOTS of drool and chewing on everything) that he might be teething, but we thought that he had just begun the long process and we would not see a tooth for months. One afternoon last week I called & texted several friends for advice about teething because Derek was super fussy and I could not get him to calm down. We ended up giving him Tylenol and he calmed down. The last 2 days here in Maui Derek was sucking on his thumb more than usual. This morning we looked in his mouth and sure enough there was his first tooth! How exciting!

2 comments:

mama to many said...

YEA for Derek!!!!! I loved those natural teething tablets for times of fussiness!! Hope the next ones come in easier :)

Danielle said...

Yay!! CB JUST cut her first tooth -- teeth actually! Both bottom teeth have finally broken the through the gums, after MONTHS of drool and teething! We did Tylenol, but I hear natural teething tables (aka sugar pills!) work wonders too!