Saturday, October 09, 2010

Lake Tahoe
Matt had a weekend conference in South Lake Tahoe and Derek and I were able to join him. This was our first road trip. Thank goodness Derek did fantastic in the car because the 4 hour trip ended up taking us 7 hours. We got stuck in traffic outside of San Francisco and Sacramento. Thank goodness for the breast pump. We were able to feed Derek in the car as we sat in traffic and avoided major meltdowns. We only needed to stop for dinner and restrooms for Matt and I. Next time though I will make sure to bring more toys to entertain Derek with in the car. By the end of the trip I was sick of the same old toys and books.

Here is Matt unloading the car with all our stuff for the 2 days we spent in Tahoe. It was hilarious to see everything that we brought for our family. Ahhh our new life as parents!! LOL.
One night as we headed out to dinner, we saw this gorgeous rainbow!This was Derek's first official conference. Here he is working with Dad at breakfast. I am sure we'll attend many more in the future!

1 comment:

Rachel N said...

The picture reminds me of us when we sleep over somewhere they don't kids. Whenever we come in with all our stuff I joke that we are 'moving in' because we have a whole car load with just the three of us! CRAZY!