Derek had his 4 month well check today. Here are his stats -weight 14 lbs 4 oz (49%) and height 25 1/4 inches (72%). It is so fun to watch him grow! We are thankful for our healthy boy!

I just love being able to stay home with Derek every day. I can't seem to get enough of him. I am so grateful that God chose me to be his mama. I love when I smile at him he smiles back and then breaks into a huge grin from ear to ear and his eyes light up. I love that I can calm him down with my voice. I love that he snuggles right up in my chest when he is picked up from his nap. I love the smile he gives me when I wake him up from his nap. I love the way he sucks his thumb and the cute noises he makes when he is trying to put himself to sleep. I love the way he looks around at everything and does not want to sit still. I love watching him explore his hands and feet. I love the way he looks up at me and smiles when he is done nursing. I love when he giggles with me. I love that he is a super active kiddo and doesn't stop moving. I love his determination to learn something new or voice what he wants. I even love that when I am super frustrated at all the outfits we've changed from spit up or that he just won't go to sleep for a nap, he smiles at me and it melts my heart and I think to myself "How could I EVER be mad at you?"I love being your mama Derek. I am trying to soak up every minute that I spend with you. I don't want to wish for you to be older or in a different stage of life. I want to enjoy the NOW!


2 comments:
so sweet, he seems like a wonderful baby and so lucky to have you as his mama, i love the picture of their hands...
ahhh, I LOVE this post. I love that Derek - and you! - are going to have these words to look back on and remember this "now"! and I ADORE that pic with you holding him (he's wearing green), and that HUGE grin! such a sweet boy!
Post a Comment