Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sedona Kid-Free Getaway
Matt and I had been looking forward to getting away together for a while. We had booked 2 nights at a Bed and Breakfast in Sedona and were eagerly planning hikes and places to eat. Its funny how you can do all the planning that you want, but God always has the perfect plan for you!! Such was this trip. On Monday, two days before Matt and I were supposed to get away, Rylie got sick and threw up (the first time any of our children had thrown up). Poor girl was miserable and just wanted to be held. Thankfully, Rylie slept through the night, but I did not sleep much as I had terrible flu symptoms all night. Thankfully Grammy arrived late Monday night and watched the kids as I did not feel good the following day. On Tuesday, Rylie was feeling better and Derek also seemed to be fine. Wednesday morning we took the kids to Tot Town. About 10 minutes into playing I looked up and just knew that Derek didn't look right. So we quickly packed up and headed home. No sooner had we walked into the house than Derek started throwing up. Poor boy was miserable...he layed on the couch all day watching Curious George. Originally the plan was for Matt and I to leave for Sedona Wednesday afternoon, but with Rylie just getting over being sick and Derek getting sick that morning I was so hesitant to leave them. After much thought and Derek feeling better by the evening, Matt and I left for Sedona after both kids were asleep. We arrived late Wednesday night and enjoyed 2 amazing nights away in snowy Sedona. Its funny how God works in strange ways. I was not feeling 100% and God knew that if it was snowing (and there was snow on the ground) that we would not hike and I would not feel guilty about lying around and resting, which is what we did. It was so awesome to rest, sleep, watch movies, talk, take some long drives and really soak in the beauty of Sedona. I am so thankful for the time to re-connect with Matt and take a break from our everyday life! I cannot wait for our week away this summer to celebrate 10 amazing years of marriage. Thanks Matt for clearing your schedule to get away with me and thank you Grammy for watching the kids!



No comments: