Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Rylie is Walking!!!
For the past few weeks Rylie has not been sleeping well (waking up multiple times throughout the night and crying herself back to sleep), waking up earlier than usual and not napping well. The past 3 days she has NOT napped well (maybe a total of 1 hour the whole day), was overtired, was waking up really early in the morning and not sleeping well at night. I kept thinking maybe she was sick or fighting a cold, but she never had a fever and such was a happy (but tired) girl. Then yesterday Rylie decided to start the day at 4:30 am (after a rough night). I was so tired and felt like a zombie, but by the afternoon I had an answer to the no-sleeping madness...RYLIE started walking!!! She literally stood up on her own took 3-4 steps. Fell down. Stood up again and took 7-9 steps!! She was so happy and proud of herself. The whole afternoon she was practicing. It was so exciting and such a relief to have an answer to the crazy no-sleeping madness. We are so excited for her! Derek was so cute encouraging Rylie and wanted her to walk to him. My life is about to change again as Derek can't wait to really race with her now that she is walking. It was hard to get a video of her, as I was by myself and so excited, but this is the first one I took. More to come.



No comments: