Saturday, June 25, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Derek!
It is hard to believe that we are already at Derek's first birthday. This year has just flown by. We have loved watching our sweet boy go from a baby to a toddler. Derek is such a happy boy, always smiling and loves people. It has been such a joy filled year. Our hearts are overflowing with thankfulness for all that this year has brought. We celebrated Derek's birthday on the actual day (June 12th) with a party at Nealon Park, in Menlo Park. Nealon Park is the park right behind our house, which we play at everyday.
I made carrot cake cupcakes for the guests and a special mini carrot cake just for Derek. We put Derek's cake on a traditional special plate that Matt had in his family. Derek was not interested in his cake. He took a few licks of frosting, but really did not "dig" into the cake the way Matt and I had thought he would. In addition, I made chocolate candy as party favors in honor of my Great Aunt Flo Flo.
 I was definitely more excited for Derek to eat his cake than he was.

 I love Derek's face in this picture...
  Here are some of our guests...Auntie K and Sue
 Trinity Friends - Jennie, Genevieve and Ana
Ana, Vanessa and Mariana
 PCC friends - Rachel, Janet, Matt and Bethany, Heather
 Stanford friends - Mary, Eric and Andrea, Sandi and Trevor
Pops and Grammy gave Derek the Cozy Coupe. Derek helped Matt put it together the night before his birthday. It was the sweetest thing to watch Derek help Matt. Derek loves playing with his new Cozy Coupe. He climbs in and out of it and pushes it all over the house.
Grandma and Grandpa Buman gave Derek this wooden train that they got when they were in Italy.

No comments: