Reflections
I was reflecting on life before Derek...I have heard many people say that they cannot imagine their life without their baby. That now that they have kids their life is complete. Now don’t get me wrong...I LOVE Derek and LOVE my life with Derek and our family, but I think back to my life before Derek and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Maybe its because of the relationship that Matt and I have where we did everything together. I have amazing memories to all the running, traveling, hiking, grocery shopping, talking, coffee and ice cream dating, etc. Life is just so different now with Derek around. It is really hard to do everything together let alone most things. Realizing that my relationship with Matt after Derek was born looks so different than before Derek was born, was one of the most challenging things about having a baby. I had to rely on different things than I was used to, to know that our marriage was fully functioning. So, all I am saying is that while I LOVE life right now with Derek, I cannot wait until I have life back with Matt too. I look at our life before kids and have beautiful memories and emotions. I want to hold onto that and never forget it so once the kids are moved out of the house, we will remember the way our marriage was and go back it. I love you Matt Buman!

3 comments:
Totally understand! I feel the same way...I miss being able to focus on Kevin and go out with him and talk for hours! I guess we have to focus on our little boys for awhile..and focus on our hubbies as much as we are able to as well! :)
Great thoughts...
this is one of the reasons I love you guys so much! I so respect the way you've built and continue to build your marriage as the first priority in your life. you are such a sweet example for me! so grateful!
Post a Comment