Today has been a fabulous Sunday. We started the day off with a 5 mile family run. Matt and I are training for a 10K at the end of June, our first family race. Then we headed to church, the early service, but its what seems to work best for Derek's nap schedule these days. On our way home, Derek fell asleep in the car, so we spontaneously decided to pick up lunch and head to a park in San Carlos. For the FIRST time in 7 years, I ordered a sandwich at Zest bakery (100% GF) and to top it off got an ice cream sandwich for dessert (made with 2 GF chocolate chip cookies). I was beyond excited!! After lunch Derek played at the park. When we got home from the park, Matt decided to wash the car and Derek and I joined in on the fun. Derek loved getting sprayed with the hose, but his favorite thing was playing with the sponge and bucket of soapy water. Sometimes the best plans are the spontaneous ones!
my amazing turkey and pesto sandwich
playing with the hose
No comments:
Post a Comment