Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Perspective
Recently I have been really sick with step throat. I've had my share of sore throats before, being a teacher, but this time it was so incredibly painful that I had trouble sleeping. When I finally went in to Urgent Care they took one look at me and prescribed an antibiotic. So for 3 days I did not get out of my sweats and did not say much of anything. It felt weird to spend all day with Derek and not say anything to him. I began to think about the importance of my voice and communicating to other people. I also began to long for things that before I took for granted. For example, before I had strep I would dream about dropping off Derek at a gym childcare and working out by myself. (Stanford's gym does not provide childcare.) But while being sick, I just longed to feel good enough to go to the park with Derek or on a walk. I realized how good I do have things and that I can work out and take Derek along with me on my runs. I just need to be more disciplined and do it!
Perspective...its funny how the challenges in life are the things that really allow you to see how truly blessed you are. Thanks God for bringing them into my life.

1 comment:

The Hursts said...

Crazy... I just got over a sore throat too! I'm not positive that it was strep, but definitely a bacterial infection. Hurt like heck and I'm still not 100% . Apple cider vinegar, garlic, and cayenne paper have been great remedies, though! GL and Jimmy were sick too :-( Looking forward to be all being well in the Hurst home!