Last night Matt and I attended Trinity's annual Benefit. I volunteered to make a carrot cake to sell at the silent auction. Last year my cake went for $450. I was hoping this year that my cake would beat that price....and....it did! The cake went for $500!!! Several of my 3rd grade parents were bidding against each other. Here is my final product. It was really fun to make!
Matt and I enjoyed the Benefit much more this year. It was fun to watch all the "live" auction items and socialize with the parents and staff outside of the classroom. One of our favorite parts of the Benefit was called "Fund-a-Need." This year the money raised will go to allowing students to attend Trinity who wouldn't normally be able to afford it. We raised $105,000, which was incredible!!
1 comment:
such a nice cake! Carrot cake is my favorite:) I usually have a homemade one every year:) I see that you mostly make GF food. Is that because you are allergic to gluten?? Just curious. You and Matt look great!
Post a Comment