Sunday, March 07, 2010

The Nursery, a work in progress

Matt and I have slowly been putting the nursery together. The first step was reorganizing our house. For the past year the nursery has been our extra bedroom/office. This past Saturday we spent 12 hours going through every room in the house weeding out and packing up some things. It felt so good to reorganize and put things in our storage unit giving us extra room in the house. We moved our office into our living room. It feels weird to be living out of 2 rooms now.

Once our extra bedroom was empty we were able to set up the glider, crib and shelves. All we need is the changing table, which is ordered and on its way. I love walking by the nursery and seeing the crib. I also love going into the nursery in the mornings, sitting in the glider and praying for Baby Bu and how our lives are going to change.

Most of the clothes we have received so far are in the bureau, but we've hung a few things up so far. On the far left is the bathrobe that my Great Aunt Florence made for the baby.



3 comments:

The Hursts said...

I can completely relate! I spent a lot of time in Grace Louise's nursery before she arrived. I still love her room... it is my favorite place to be. The smell, the decorations and furniture...everything about it reminds me of her and I LOVE IT!

Danielle said...

I am getting to so excited for you guys! What a joy it is to have a baby. It changes your life in the most REWARDING way! Praying for you! :)

Erica Michelle said...

I love the crib bedding! Love it!