Monday, January 11, 2010

Kicking Baby and Popping Belly Button

I have been feeling the baby kick since week 17!! When Matt and I went for the 3D/4D ultrasound the technician showed us that my placenta is behind the baby....so I got to feel the kicks early. Its been amazing! Matt has been able to feel the kicking too. This has been my favorite thing so far in the pregnancy. The other day I was reading out loud to my class and the baby was kicking like mad. It was so funny to feel while teaching. I think he is recognizing my voice. The other night around 2am I felt the baby kicking me. I pushed back and he responded with another kick. This pattern continued for several minutes. It felt like we were playing a game!!
One of the funniest things for me in the pregnancy was my belly button popping out. I am not sure why I never thought this would happen, but the other day when I looked down today at my ever growing belly I noticed that my belly button was popping out! Yikes! I am definitely getting bigger with each day. It is hard to believe that Friday, January 15 I will be 20 weeks - HALF WAY! Time seems to be flying by. I am so grateful to be feeling so well and to be able to do so many of my favorite things (running and lifting weights, sleeping and eating) without any complications. We'll see how much long this lasts!

1 comment:

The Ahlgrens said...

Sooo happy for you guys! Sterling and I played "push" from a very early time as well...it was an amazing feeling! Keep enjoying!

Hugs! Jos.