Friday, January 01, 2010

Baby (boy) Bu!
2010 is going to be an exciting year in the Buman household. After 6 years of marriage (3 states and 3 degrees later) we are thrilled to announce that we are expecting our first child early June!
My first trimester was rough as I was nauseous almost everyday (all day long). I was not able to run because I was so nauseous and focused on just surviving each day. I would come home from teaching, lay on the couch and then go to bed at 7:30/8:00 every night. It seemed that I could never get enough sleep. Cappuccino did not even taste good to me anymore! Now that I'm in the second trimester, I am feeling so much better. Food actually tastes good to me and I have been able to run again (which helps me feel more like myself). Matt and I have loved reading about the developmental growth of the baby each week. It amazes us how God has equipped my body to sustain another life inside me. So far my favorite thing about being pregnant has been feeling the baby kick and move. I started feeling him kick at 17 weeks since my placenta is behind baby. For Christmas this year, Matt and I had a 4D/3D ultrasound at 16 weeks to see the baby and find out the gender before our 20 week ultrasound at the hospital. It was really fun because my parents and brother and sister-in-law were in town (before our trip to Hawaii) and they got to see Baby Bu. The baby was moving all around and at the time I could not feel a thing. I loved seeing how active the baby was. Unfortunately the cord was between the baby's legs so the gender was not able to be determined. When we returned from our trip to Hawaii Matt and I went back for another ultrasound. This time the cord was not in the way and Baby Boy Bu became official. Everyone has been asking about belly pictures so here are a few. Its the best I've got as of 18 weeks. More to come as my belly keeps growing!









8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey guys!!!! sooo excited for you!!! I have about 7-8 friends pregnant right now and its so funny to see all the differences!! your going to be one of the couples that barely shows until 9 months I think!!my friend court was addicted to chips and salsa and she's huge for 4 months! was tiny and short to start with....anyways...cant wait to see more pics!! love you both and congrats!! I was w todds 2 boy nephews in CO (9 and 12yo) all week and I think boys are sooooo cute and cool!!! we just played and goofed round allll week!!! congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

"anonymous" was me sarah carlson!!! lol!!!

Jan said...

Awww, I can totally see your little baby belly. Love it!! And I LOVE the new pic on the side of the 2 of you. <3

The Ahlgrens said...

You look fabulous, girl...and congrats on finding out the sex of the baby. Having a son has changed my life and I love it! HUGS! Jos.

Jamie and Chris said...

Yay for baby boys!!! How exciting! We are so thrilled for you two! Caden was also due on June 5th...that means we got preggo on the exact same day, just 1 year apart! Isn't that crazy? I am sorry that the first trimester was rough. Also glad to see you took a "babymoon" to Hawaii! I miss you! I'm going to try to come down and visit Trinity soon. Love,
Jamie, Chris and Caden

The Hursts said...

i think my belly was bigger at 9 weeks than you are now- the body is an amazing thing! you look great and you both look so happy! i look forward to the updates of your pregnancy.

Danielle said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Congratulations!! I can't tell you how much I love being a mommy, and it's only been a week! You're going to love it too! I will be praying the rest of pregnancy goes smoothly. Much love to you guys! :)

The Ross Family said...

Congrats! We love you guys! Ya'll are going to make great parents!