Sunday, May 04, 2008

So our BIG news is that we are moving to CALIFORNIA!!
Matt accpeted a post doc at Stanford and we will be moving this summer. We are so excited for the new life ahead of us. We are definately going to miss Gainesville and the friends and memories we have made here. God has been so faithful to provide everything along the way showing us that this move to Stanford is the right thing.

I took a trip to San Francisco all by myself, rented a car, stayed with someone I had never met before and had 8 interviews for teaching positions. God protected me and provided for me the whole trip. I was so proud of the courage that God gave me to make this trip. The trip was a huge success and I was blessed with 4 offers one of which I accepted!!

This is the car that I rented on my trip - bright blue. I stood out like a sore thumb. Most other people were driving Mercedes and BMWs.


This road is called Palm Drive and it leads right to the center of Stanford's campus. It was lined with these HUGE palm trees and was very stunning.

The campus has a unique feel to it and has such beautiful Spanish style architecture. Here are a few pictures I took when I was exploring the campus for the first time.


Patrick, I took this next picture for you because you love palm trees and I thought these were so cool. :)


Matt and I got Crispers takeout for lunch and ate at Lake Alice in celebrattion of my new job in Menlo Park, CA. It was a wonderful picnic lunch. I got my favorite salad, Harvest Cobb with pumpkin seeds, grapes, crasins, blue cheese, pears, lettuce and poppy seed dressing.

No comments: