Sunday, May 04, 2008

Mom came to visit us in Gainesville for the last time (at least for a while).
It was really fun to have her visit. Whenever she comes she spoils us with good food!! One night she made us chicken piccata, spinach, broccoli, sweet potatoes and a GF angel food cake for dessert.
Mom loves to do puzzles so she brought one to do while she stayed with us. It was a puzzle of the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge. We had fun doing it, although the water and sky part were really difficult since all the pieces were the same color.

For the first few days Mom came to Brentwood with me. My students thought it was so neat that Mrs. Buman's mother was visiting. Mom even came on a field trip to the Devil's Millhopper. It was so special to have mom come on one of my field trips for which I was the teacher for when for years she was a chaperone for field trips when I was the student. After the tour of the sink hole we ate lunch at this really cool park with a neat playground. Here I am playing on the playground with my students. Who can resist the monkey bars. I even convinced Kim to come down the slide. The students thought it was hilarious and so cool.



I took Friday off from work and Mom and I went to the beach. It was a really relaxing day. Saturday we went to the Gator women's softball game and then out to dinner at Cabanna Cove.



This is the amazing meal that I ordered at Cabanna Cove, curry chicken salad. I thought it would not be good, but Matt convinced me to try it. I am glad that I actually listened and ordered it.
We went to church on Saturday night. Matt worked all day on Sunday, while Mom and I went to the beach again. This time we got there much earlier (10 am instead of 1 pm).

One of the other things that Mom and I did was get saddle bags for my bike. It will be my birthday present from my parents. These saddle bags are awesome and will keep me from having to carry a backpack on my bike and have sore shoulders and back. I love them.

No comments: