Thursday, January 02, 2014

Trip to Phoenix Children's Hospital

Two days after Christmas Rylie fell out of her booster seat 4' to the tile floor below landing on her head. We are grateful for God's COMPLETE protection of her, but it was a pretty traumatic experience. She threw up about 20 minutes after the fall and we decided to take her to Phoenix Children's Hospital ER. I remember holding her as she was pale and lethargic and telling her over and over again that everything was going to be ok, that Jesus loved her. I remember praying over her and singing to her...I had to keep doing those things just to keep my mind off negative thoughts and ON trusting that Jesus was going to take care of her because I was scared! Rylie began to perk up when we got to PCH, talking about all the beautifully decorated Christmas trees as we walked through the hospital to the ER. Phoenix Children's was amazing! Rylie was so brave as they wheeled us down the hallway and during the CT scan. Matt and I got to stand with her during the CT scan. With tears in her eyes (as she is strapped down) she said, "Mommy, sing me Jesus Loves Me." I sang to her (as best I could as I am tearing up) and she calmed right down and didn't move at all. She got to pick out a teddy bear for being so brave. Later on we received the wonderful news that Rylie did not have a concussion or any bleeding or any damage from the fall. We are so grateful that God's angels protected Rylie during that fall. We are also grateful that Matt's Dad was in town visiting and at our house 20 mins after the fall and could watch Derek while we took Rylie to hospital. Nothing like that situation to remind me that God is in control and these are His kids.

1 comment:

The Hursts said...

I have tears! Scary situation, but a beautiful reminder, just as you said! Thanking God with you!