We are so in love with our Rylie Girl. She is the most adorable thing. It is funny to look back to when Rylie was first born...just about 21 months ago...I remember thinking there is no way that I am going to be able to love another baby the way I loved Derek. I used to get frustrated with Rylie when she was a baby and she wouldn't nap when I wanted her to nap because I wanted to hang out with Derek. But now I CANNOT imagine life without Rylie!
Ryile gives the BEST hugs. I LOVE when she wraps her little arms around my neck to give me a hug. She grabs my face with her 2 little hands and says, "Talk to me Mommy. Don't talk to Daddy."
She LOVES to talk on the phone and has long conversations with people. Sometimes she calls herself "Christen." She walks around the house with her pretend phone chatting away or holds the phone up to take a picture. "Say cheese Mommy."
A few funny words Rylie says are..."hanitizer" (hand sanitizer) and "packpack" (back pack)
She is FULL of enthusiasm and energy and smiles. She runs, hops, gallops, climbs, jumps and is on-the-go all the time. She melts people's hearts with her smile and the way she communicates....
Rylie has an amazing memory for people! She often will ask for specific friends (by name) wondering where they are or what they are doing. Whenever we pray with her she usually thanks God for specific friends/family members....she has such a loving heart.
Rylie's hair is getting so long and her bangs are definitely in her eyes unless we pull them back with a clip. She is pretty good about letting me put it up out of her face. I LOVE being able to do cute things with her hair and am excited for the day she will let me put french braids in her hair.
Rylie LOVES gymnastics. She has been in gymnastics for about 1 month. It is so fun to get to participcate in the class with her. She practices her straddle and pike and bear crawl at home. She lights up when she gets to jump on the trampoline.
Rylie is very particular about the clothes and shoes she wears..."I want to wear my doggy shirt, Mommy." She prefers leggings and her crocs...but the only way I can get her to wear something new is if I say it was Bella's (thankfully most of her clothes are hand-me-downs from Bella). She LOVES to wear necklaces and bracelets...and often times is wearing multiple necklaces. I had an awesome time making many of her necklaces and bracelets for Christmas. Not sure where she gets her fashion sense from because I am not the most fashionable person. :)
Rylie adores her brother and asks him to play with her all the time. The first thing she says when we get her first thing in the morning or after her nap is, "I want Derek. Where is Derek?" I LOVE watching them play together. For the most part they get along very well and when they do get into an argument they are good about listening to me and communicating through it.
Have started reading together as a family at bedtime!! Both kids are going down at the same time and its been awesome!!! Only took 22 months to get to this point.
Rylie still carries around her 2 Gracies and 2 babies. She is such a great Mama to them. She makes the babies dinner, puts them in time out, pushes them in the stroller, changes their diapers, puts them in the cradle for nap time and the high chair for dinner time...She will say to me, "Mommy, say hi to the baby." or " Mommy, the baby is sad." When I ask her why the baby is sad she proceeds to explain....its sooo cute. "Mommy, say hi to Gracie Buman."
Finally, Rylie will sit still and listen to an entire book instead of playing the whole time we read to her! She is amazing at recognizing letters and especially at finding the letter R EVERYWHERE. "R for Rylie Girl." Rylie will spell her name for you when you ask her!
Rylie is getting more and more confident on the Strider bike. She will now ride it around the house about 1 time before dumping the bike and moving onto the next activity. She does NOT like to ride in the stroller anymore during our runs. She wants to walk...but that just isnt possible. I keep reminding her that the faster she learns to ride the Strider the faster she can get out of the stroller.
Rylie LOVES doggies. She points them out and asks to see them, but when they get up close she is not so sure about them...
feeding Gracies dinner..."Mommy, I made pasta with spinach and carrots and hummus."
Christmas Eve hike Pinnacle Peak









No comments:
Post a Comment