Things to Remember
Toys and sleeping: It is so funny to see what Derek brings to bed with him! He still sleeps with his shirt (my maternity shirt), but there are so many other things on his bed. Its amazing that there is any room for him. Gordon, Henry, James, Finn, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Bob the Builder toolbox, dump truck (filled with blocks) and digger, toy frying pan, and a stuffed turtle. There are many other toys that rotate to his room. Last week the fire truck and fireman slept on his bed instead of the dump truck and digger. It is quite funny to try and figure out where Derek is on his bed when we check him out on the webcam.
Nap time fun: This afternoon during his nap (prior to falling asleep) I was watching him spin around while holding Lightning McQueen and Finn. He would spin so fast and get dizzy and fall down laughing. Oh the joys of being 2! I was cracking up laughing as I watched him.
Hugs: "I want a hug, Mommy." Derek has always been a hugger. Now, he asks me for a hug or tells me he wants a hug. It melts my heart!!! He is such a sweet boy with a BIG heart. Derek wraps his arms around my neck and squeezes. I can't get enough hugs from him. I will have to remind him of this when he is a teenager and doesn't want a hug from Mommy anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment