We started Rylie on solids the week before she turned 6 months old. Since she had a dairy intolerance starting at 1 month, the pediatrician wanted to wait until 6 months for solids to make sure that we gave her intestines every chance to mature. I am glad that we waited because I wanted to do everything we could to try to avoid having to continue being dairy free. At the same time as introducing solids to Rylie the pediatrician suggested slowly adding dairy back into my diet. Yippee!! Its been so wonderful to have ice cream again and milk in my cappuccino. Rylie seems to be tolerating dairy just fine. We pray that her intestines are completely healed!
I made all Rylie's baby food, like I did for Derek. It is so easy and fun to make the food and I love knowing what I am feeding Rylie. I LOVE seeing my frozen supply. Rylie is not really intersted in solids just yet. I still feed her at breakfast and dinner time, but she usually pushes the food right back out with her tongue. So far she has tried sweet potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. We will keep trying...
"What are you feeding me Mommy?"
Ok, its not so bad...
This spoon is really fun to chew on!
All smiles!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment