Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Toddler Activities
I have been gathering some toddler activities to do with Derek during the HOT summer months. They have been a huge success and I am excited to plan some more. The inner teacher in me was so excited to plan the activities and I had so much fun watching Derek LEARN through intentional play. The activities started out as one thing, but would evolve into many different things.

Marble Racing - Derek was focused on this activity for over an hour the first day! He played with this activity all week long!
lining up the bins and dumping the marbles from bin to bin


Derek's favorite marble was the big one
racing Mommy
pouring the marbles down the track out of his Thomas cup
Another favorite thing to do was dump the marbles on the tile floor and watch them roll everywhere! Roll his favorite big marble under the couch and using the handle of the Swiffer to get the marble out.
Dried Pasta
 Letter Blocks with cupcake tins and tongs
 Pipe Cleaners

1 comment:

The Hursts said...

ooohh yay! keep posting what you are doing... I love these ideas. I'll have to pick up a swim noodle for marble racing this week! A couple weeks ago I used a noodle strainer with pipe cleaners. She spent 30 minutes putting a pipe cleaner in each hole making "hair".