Monday, February 20, 2012

Thomas The Train
Derek LOVES Thomas the Train. We read books about Thomas and his friends and he watches the TV show (sits long enough for  the 15 minute episodes). Recently I bought him this 35 piece puzzle (for later on - I had no intention of him having any interest in it due to the large number of pieces). When I brought it home he was so excited to see Thomas that he was asking to work on it. He stayed focused and helped put it together! Each time he works on it he gets better and better at matching the pieces.

The Thomas books have taught Derek colors, opposites such as big & small (Gordon & Percy) long & short (Thomas pulling cars & without cars), numbers, and shapes. It is so fun to watch Derek get so excited about reading Thomas books and learning at the same time!

2 comments:

kim Dickson said...

Alex, my nephew loved Thomas the Train. He had the special table, collected all the trains, and the special tracks. What I loved about the train set was that he actually had to move the train himself and use his imagination. He loved playing and rearranging the tracks and collecting all the cars. All these pieces are expensive & the table, but he played with it for years!!

Unknown said...

My first Blog comment: Hi Kim! Hi Christen. See you soooooon.
Hi yet-to-be-born Rylie.
love, GiGi