Monday, February 20, 2012

Green Eggs and Ham
For the past few weeks Derek has been obsessed with reading Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss. We have been reading it at least several times a day. We even caught him reading it on his own before his nap with our webcam! He is getting so familiar with the book that we can pause along the way and he will fill in the rhyming word!! This week several friends posted on Facebook the link of Tim Tebow reading Green Eggs and Ham (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgaLkgbNOxQ). It was a BIG hit with Derek! Yesterday alone I think we watched the video 7 times. (Watching it was a great distraction for me to cut his hair too!!) I just LOVE that Derek enjoys reading so much. He asks to read when he gets up in the morning, before his nap, after his nap and right before bed!! I hope this keeps up.

1 comment:

kim Dickson said...

Christen, I love the picture of Derek in his little blue chair reading...adorable. You know what would be a fun activity to go along with reading Green Eggs & Ham... would be to make green eggs. You just add spinach to the eggs and of course the eggs turn green & are delicious & healthy. The kids at camp loved it this past summer.