Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Diamondbacks Baseball
Matt and I went to our first 2 baseball since living in AZ. Ironically, the Diamondbacks were playing the Giants! Chase field is a great ballpark. It is incredibly family friendly, clean, modern, and has a retractable roof. For the Friday night game the roof was open and for the Sunday afternoon game the roof was closed and the AC was blasting (I was actually chilly by the end of the game).
On Friday night the Diamondbacks clinched their division, so after the game there were fireworks and the players went crazy!

We also found out that Chase Field has 1 GF food stand. I was craving a hot dog (pregnancy cravings!) so we walked all over the ballpark to find it. My GF hot dog was $6 compared to Matt's regular $1.50 hot dog, but it sure was yummy.
We had not planned to attend 2 baseball games this weekend, but we were unexpectedly given a 2nd set of tickets. After the Friday night game as Matt and I were walking back to our car, a woman stopped us and asked for directions. She was a Giants fan and had flown in for the series, but she was lost. We ended up walking her to her hotel and chatting the whole way about San Francisco. When we arrived at her hotel, she was so grateful to us that she offered us her extra set of tickets for Sunday's game! We felt so blessed!

No comments: