Monday, June 09, 2008

Trip to Boston

I spent this past week in Boston while Matt stayed in Gainesville and worked on his dissertation. This was my first trip back to Boston in almost a year. I was really excited to be back in my home town. It was perfect timing for me to be in Boston because it allowed Matt to have a quiet house to work in with no distractions. He wrote for about 12 - 15 hours a day, while I spent time with my family and friends, visited some of my favorite places and enjoyed some of my favorite foods.
On Wednesday I went to Grammy's house. She taught me how to make Criss Cross. Criss Cross is a Hungarian cookie that Grammy is famous for making. They are delicious and a family tradition. She has now passed the recipe on to me.

While the Criss Cross were cooking Grammy and I made dinner. While slicing up the veggies for the salad I sliced my finger as well. Ouch!! It hurt really bad. Thankfully I did not need stitches and my finger was still all there. Grammy got to play Grandmother and bandaged me all up.
This is what I cut my finger on. Ouch.
On Friday afternoon I went over to the Aunt's house and made candy with Flo Flo. We made my favorite - peanut butter cups. I really enjoy spending time with both my grandmother and great Aunts doing something they love and that reminds me of them.


On Saturday morning as the Sylvester tradition we headed into the North End for some cuppuccino. Our favorite cafe, Cafe Grafitti, went out of business so my parents have found another place to go to. Patrick came with us since Katie had to work. It was funny to have just the old family of 4 together again.

Patrick and Katie just came back from a trip to Arizona and Patrick was showing my parents the pictures from the trip. I think my Dad was admiring the Grand Canyon.

Saturday night my mom wanted to take me to a new restaurant they found that has Gluten Free pizza. It is called Flatbread Pizza Company. It is only the 2nd restaurant that I have been to where I can order GF pizza. The pizza was pretty good. I actually tried something adventurous on my pizza in honor of Matt.

No comments: