Saturday, December 08, 2007

La Chua Trail

Finally after being closed for so long, the La Chua Trail, on Payne's Prairie, re-opened. We were excited to take Mom and Dad to the trail. We wanted to show them gators in their natural setting. Although the gators were not as numerous as when Matt and I saw them last Easter, it is neat to see them in the wild. They are such fearsome creatures.


The prairie is so wide open and beautiful. Living in Gainesville I think we take it for granted that such a unique thing is right here in our city. One of the coolest things I think are the trees here in Gainesville and the Spanish moss that hangs off of them.


The trail is about 3 miles round trip, out and back. The first 2 stops along the trail were sink holes. Here are Dad, Matt and Mom admiring the gators sunning themselves.

Can you see the gator hidden in the brush?

This gator seems hungry huh? He sat there with his mouth open for about 20 minutes. Yikes.

No comments: