Monday, December 11, 2006

This Christmas I decided that I would make chocolates for everyone like Aunt Flo-Flo does. Over the summer I spent time with Flo learning how to make the different types of candy. Here I am melting the chocolate in the double boiler. This was actually the first time I had used our double boiler.

After the chocolate was melted I spooned it into the molds. Then I put the molds in the freezer for a while so the chocolate could get nice and hard.

Here are some of the finished products. I tasted one of the peanut butter cups to make sure they were good. Ok. So I did not have only one, but who is counting!

While I was making my chocolates, Amy was making her famous caramel popcorm! The kitchen smelled amazing. Sarah and Becky helped make the chocolate covered pretzle clusters. Aunt Flo-Flo would have been proud of us. We even added a little of our own creation by putting Christmas colored sprinkles on them. After I made all the chocolate I bagged them to pass out to our friends for Christmas. What a great tradition Aunt Flo. I am so thankful that you shared it with me and gave me all the molds. It is really fun, yummy, and easy to do. Although just after I made them Aunt Flo sent me a box of chocolate Christmas trees which she had painted all the bulbs on. She is amazing at making candy.

No comments: