Sunday, September 20, 2015

Asked out on a date by Derek

This morning (3 weeks into Kindergarten) as I was getting ready for church, Derek said to me, "Mommy, I don't get to spend much time with you alone anymore since I go to school so much. Rylie gets to spend a lot of time with you. Do you think we could go on a date just the two of us? We can even go to that burger place that doesn't have many games so we can talk. At the end of our meal I will get a strawberry milkshake. What do you think?"

I replied, "You bet I'd LOVE to go out on a date with you Derek!!! Thanks for asking me, sweet boy!"

He gave me a big hug and held my hand as we walked downstairs.

Since school has started I've definitely missed him during the day and I try to make the most of the time he is home after school gets out, but the time is limited.

No comments: