Mommy Moments
Tonight was one of those moments in time that I want to remember. After coming home from my night off, thanks to my amazing husband, I noticed that Derek was still up. So I went into his room to kiss him good night. He was so excited to see me and chatted away about the fun evening he had with Daddy. He told me all about biking and getting muddy and proceeded to keep chatting about all sorts of things (rockets, the race track, how Chick Hicks was not kind to Lightning and did a "smash, clang, crash, bang to Lightning). I let him talk for quite some time enjoying listening to his sweet voice tell me what was on his mind. After a while I prayed with him and told him I was going to leave because it was time for me to bed. As I am getting ready to leave, he gives me a great big hug and says, "Mommy, we're best friends." Melt my heart!!! I replied, "We are best friends Buddy!" I wanted to pause time right there and soak in the whole half hour we spent talking together and snuggling in his bed. I love you sweet boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment