Derek asks to set a timer for everything (changing diaper, taking a nap, leaving a friends house, coming to table for dinner etc). He responds SO well to the timer and we use it ALL the time. Usually, when we ask him to do something he says, "No Mommy, I'm busy. Set a timer." So I will go set the timer for 2 minutes and when the timer goes off he happily comes right away. Often times he lets us know that the timer went up. When we are out we set the timer on our phones. Thank goodness for the timer!
Derek LOVES his dump truck and brings it EVERYWHERE. Some kids have a blanket or stuffed animal, Derek has a dump truck. :) He carries it up and down the stairs for play time and nap/bedtime, in the car, and to friend's houses. He is often heard asking, "Dump truck where are you?" or "Can I bring my dump truck?"or "Mommy, kids don't bring their dump truck to the race track." Rylie knows that the dump truck is Derek's favorite and she tries play with it. Derek comes right over to rescue his dump truck. Also, Derek loves to race his dump truck and we hear the phrase, "Let's race!!"
This month I put up a calendar in the playroom. Each morning Derek gets the calendar tag and puts it on the calendar. We briefly talk about the day of the week and date. Since we have been doing this he has been recognizing numbers everywhere! Earlier this month we were out shopping and Derek excitedly yelled, "Mommy, that's James' number!!" I looked over where he was pointing and sure enough there was a sign that had $5 on it!! I was amazed. Now he is constantly telling us that he sees Gordon's number or Thomas' number. He does know the real name of the number, but he usually yells out the train's name that has the number not the actual number. Derek has also been pulling down the calendar tags and matching the numbers to his trains.
Derek got new biking tires.
"Mommy, these are my fast tires!" "Daddy, can I bring my new tires to the race track?
With the new tires, D can ride in the house again (the other tires were so bald that he would wipe out on the tile when turning).
biking through puddles in the park after a night of rain
Derek racing Rylie
picnic lunch with best friend Zack
Derek and Rylie
Derek LOVES water!









No comments:
Post a Comment