One Christmas tradition that I want to continue with my family is decorating a gingerbread house. My grandmother used to spend days baking and building, from scratch, gingerbread houses for my brother and cousins to decorate. I remember how much thought and time she would put picking out just the right candy for the roofs, the snow, the yard etc. She would make the windows of the house stained glass from crushed up pieces of Life Savers candy. And she made gingerbread men as well. One Saturday before Christmas my cousins and I would gather together at her house for an all day decorating party. It was so much fun and I have such great memories. So, I want to continue the tradition with our family. This year I bought a pre-made and pre-built gingerbread house for Derek to decorate. Maybe next year I will attempt to make it from scratch, we'll see. Derek had a blast putting the candy on and of course tasting the frosting and candy.
Monday, December 12, 2011
Gingerbread Houses
One Christmas tradition that I want to continue with my family is decorating a gingerbread house. My grandmother used to spend days baking and building, from scratch, gingerbread houses for my brother and cousins to decorate. I remember how much thought and time she would put picking out just the right candy for the roofs, the snow, the yard etc. She would make the windows of the house stained glass from crushed up pieces of Life Savers candy. And she made gingerbread men as well. One Saturday before Christmas my cousins and I would gather together at her house for an all day decorating party. It was so much fun and I have such great memories. So, I want to continue the tradition with our family. This year I bought a pre-made and pre-built gingerbread house for Derek to decorate. Maybe next year I will attempt to make it from scratch, we'll see. Derek had a blast putting the candy on and of course tasting the frosting and candy.
One Christmas tradition that I want to continue with my family is decorating a gingerbread house. My grandmother used to spend days baking and building, from scratch, gingerbread houses for my brother and cousins to decorate. I remember how much thought and time she would put picking out just the right candy for the roofs, the snow, the yard etc. She would make the windows of the house stained glass from crushed up pieces of Life Savers candy. And she made gingerbread men as well. One Saturday before Christmas my cousins and I would gather together at her house for an all day decorating party. It was so much fun and I have such great memories. So, I want to continue the tradition with our family. This year I bought a pre-made and pre-built gingerbread house for Derek to decorate. Maybe next year I will attempt to make it from scratch, we'll see. Derek had a blast putting the candy on and of course tasting the frosting and candy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Grammy Sylvester used to mail the ginger bread houses with all the candy etc. to Sharona & I in VT every year too! We were so excited to be able to do that! :)
Post a Comment