5 Months
This month Derek has shifted from taking 4 naps a day to 3, which has allowed for longer awake periods. This has been so fun. We can now do so much more before we need to come home for nap time. Derek is also awake during our meal times. He sits with us at dinner and watches intently as we eat. He is much more attentive and is turning his head when we speak to him. Here are several other things new that Derek is doing.
Derek loves playing with his dad. I love the way he is looking at Matt in this picture.

I love my baby boy!

Derek loves these colored stacking cups.

Derek is curious about his feet. He grabs them and pulls them to his mouth. It is hilarious to watch. It is amazing how flexible babies are.

Derek is learning how to use a sippy cup. We gave him one because he reaches for everything that Matt and I eat or drink and looks at us with these sad eyes as if he is being left out. He hasn't gotten the hang of using it just yet because he just chokes on the water, but we'll keep working. For the most part he just practices holding it and sucking on it.


One morning Derek was playing in his gym. I turned around to find him like this with one arm around Great Aunt Flo-Flo's stool. Then he continued to explore the stool and started putting it in his mouth!!


1 comment:
Christen~
The new post is aweseome! I bet you love your new camera. Derek is so handsome- wish you were on this coast.
love you guys,
Em
Post a Comment