Saturday, January 03, 2009

Christmas in Boston
It was so great to go home for Christmas this year. It did take us 14 hours to get there, but it was well worth it. We were busy the whole week we were there and came home needing a vacation from the vacation!

Christmas Eve was at my parent's house this year. Our family's Christmas Eve tradition is eating veal parmesan. As far as I can remember my grandmother has always cooked this meal and now we are carrying on her tradition. My mom and I spent most of the morning of Christmas Eve cooking all the food: chicken, veal and eggplant parmesan.


Thanks Mom for the earrings! I love them and they mean a lot to me.Matt and I went on some of our favorite runs while we were in Boston. This was the view of the lake in Wakefield on our first morning run. It was 9 degrees outside and a bit chilly for us Californians.
We spent time visiting relatives. We had lunch at my Grandmother's house and saw my Great Aunts Flo Flo and Elsie.

One of the highlights of our trip to Boston was catching up with good friends. We got to hang out with Bob and Lisa since they were home in NJ for Christmas. It was so great to see them. We had not seen them since our moving truck left Gainesville. While they were visiting we did some of our favorite things such as getting ice cream and going running.

We also got to catch up with Lisa and David. We had not seen them since Patrick and Katie's wedding almost 3 years ago. It was great to see them again.

The Renoni family also came over and we enjoyed some pizza and Catch Phrase. My parents have been friends with the Renoni's for over 25 years. We are very grateful for their friendship. Even though we only get to see each other a couple times a year we pick up right where we left off.


2 comments:

Danielle said...

Girl, I miss hearing about your life! I hope all is well and that you guys get the chance to post on the blog soon. Love and miss you!! :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see Christen in a few days! Matt, you sure you can't skip that conference? :) Take care!