Monday, February 19, 2007

Lisa and I registered to run the Gainesville 1/2 Marathon. Here we are picking up our bib numbers and packet of information on Saturday. Later Sat. night the Merrells cooked us a carb loading dinner to get ready for the race.


On Sunday, February 18th Lisa and I ran the 5 Points of Life Half Marathon in Gainesville, Florida. The race started at 7:00 am. It was an unusually cold morning with temperatures in the low 40's. It felt great to run in that weather. Here we are before we had to take off all those warm clothes. The guys were so excited to be able to cheer us on. This was the first race that Matt and I had not run together.



Amy and Tom came out to the start line to wish us luck. It was great to get so much support.

Bob and Matt drove around Gainesville and parked at different spots along the course to cheer us on. It was fun spotting them where we did not expect them to be. I loved seeing Matt' and Bob's smiling faces and hearing their encouraging words. They truly were an amazing support. We felt so blessed to have such amazing husbands.

Lisa and I ran together at about a 9 minute mile doing walk breaks. We finished the 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 5 minutes. It was a great race! I loved running all over Gainesville. We even ran through the stadium!!


Here we are proudly holding our medals. Praise God for the healthy bodies He has blessed us with that we can run.
After the race, the temperature had dropped even from the start of the race. We wrapped up in the tinfoil looking sheets to keep warm.

Our proud husbands with their proud and happy wives!After the race we went home and showered. It took a while to warm up. We proudly wore our 5 Points of Life 1/2 Marthon shirts and went out to breakfast. We met Bob and Lisa at the 43rd Street Dinner for a rewarding breakfast! It was fun to recount the events of the morning and fun times of the race.

No comments: